What Is A School Based Health Center?
School-Based Health Centers are health clinics that bring preventive and immediate care, as well as counseling, health education, and sometimes dental care, to children and adolescents at schools.
Who We Are And Why We Are Here.
We provide healthcare to school age children and their families, school staff and the community. We are here to provide care to students of busy working families, students with/without transportation and students with or without insurance. We provide care to students efficiently so they miss very little classroom time and parents can have peace of mind knowing that we will be here to provide all of their primary care when they need us. We are part of the Cabin Creek Health Systems, your community owned non-profit health center.
Description Of Services
• Screening for Health Risks and Physical Exams/Well Child Exams
• Mental Health Assessment/Treatment (including but not limited to coping skills, stress/anger management, depression, anxiety, & other mood disorders)
• Health Education Programs
• Lab Tests(on-site and off-site), Prescriptions, allergy injections, immunizations, wart removal
• Care for illnesses and minor injuries
• Care for chronic conditions (for example asthma, diabetes, various disabilities)
• Referrals and follow-up care
• Family Planning Services with abstinence education and STD prevention (Riverside Only)
• Administration of medication for minor health problems as appropriate