Do you know a former miner that struggles to breathe? Please invite him or her to come to Cabin Creek’s BLACK LUNG OUTREACH DAY on February 24th, 2017 at Boone Memorial Hospital from 9am to 4pm. We will be concentrating on filling out Federal Black Lung Claims on that day. We will also be available to set appointments for filing state claims.
Cabin Creek Breathing Center’s Black Lung experts can help:
- Explain the difference between Federal and State claims (the difference is substantial)
- Explain details of important deadlines for filing
- Explain the levels of disability and how they are proven
- Explain how any exposure to any type of industrial dust, not just coal dust, can qualify you for benefits
- Explain what documentation you need to get your claim started
- Explain each step of your claim process
Our FREE event planned for February 24th will have extra staff to help you to get answers to your questions about black lung benefits.
Light refreshments will be provided. Please pass this along to help us help more miners!
Keep up to date on our event by following our Facebook event page.
Can’t make it that day?
If you can’t make it that day, you can come by Cabin Creek Breathing Center during regular office hours to schedule an appointment.